Thursday, April 23, 2015

Rachel Brummert and Jonathan Furman interviewed for WRIC news story







While I was in Virginia for QuinoloneVigilance Foundation's fundraiser on March 13, I was interviewed by WRIC reporter Kerri O'Brien.

She and her cameraman Paul met me at my hotel in Fredricksburg and we drove to Loriella Park to do the interview.

QVF Ambassador Jonathan Furman was interviewed on March 10. He was kind enough to accompany me to my interview. Jonathan and my husband were off to the side and they were taking pictures.

When we arrived at the park and while the cameraman was setting up, Kerri helped me put on my microphone. 


We began the interview with casual conversation while we did a sound check. Kerri is a New Jersey native like I am so we spent a little bit of time talking about that.


Once the sound issue was resolved we started with the interview. Kerri had me so at ease that the interview was effortless and I barely noticed the cameraman.



What I really appreciated about Kerri was that she not only wanted to hear my story about the tendon ruptures and neurodegenerative disease that I suffer with, she also wanted to talk about the work we do at Quinolone Vigilance Foundation and the FDA Hearing that I was scheduled to testify at two weeks later. She was very thorough and she wanted to paint a complete picture of Fluoroquinolone Toxicity. After she initially spoke to Jonathan and I, she knew that this was a story she needed to tell.



When we finished up, Kerri was kind enough to pose for a photo with me, my husband, and Jonathan.



WRIC decided that the story was so compelling that they wanted to hold off airing it until Sweeps so they could promote the story for a bigger audience. Thank you Kerri O'Brien and WRIC for doing such a great job with the story.

Part 1 aired at 5:30pm. Part 2 aired at 11:00pm.

To watch both broadcasts, click here.





Rachel Brummert
Quinolone Vigilance Foundation
www.SaferPills.org
Rachel@saferpills.org

No comments:

Post a Comment